Photon provides everything you need to build a connected project. Particle has combined a powerful 120Mhz ARM Cortex M3 micro-controller with a Broadcom Wi-Fi chip in a tiny thumbnail-sized module called the P0 (P-Zero). These Photons come with headers, making prototyping easy as each board can plug directly into standard breadboards and perfboards, and may also be mounted with 0.1" pitch female headers on a PCB. The Photon is not only powerful, but easy to use. The small form factor is ideal for IoT projects with cloud-connectivity. To get you started quickly, Particle has added a rock solid 3.3VDC SMPS power supply, RF and user interface components to the P0 all on a small single-sided PCB.
Wi-Fi development kit for creating connected projects and products for the Internet of Things. It is easily connected to the cloud. The board itself uses a Broadcom WICED Wi-Fi chip (one that can be found in Nest Protect, LIFX, and Amazon Dash) alongside a powerful STM32 ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller. The WICED chipset is much faster than the original CC3000 in the 'Core and also supports SSL and Soft-AP mode.
- Particle P0 Wi-Fi module.
- Product dimension : 9.5cm x 9.5cm x 2.7 cm.
- Broadcom BCM43362 Wi-Fi chip.
- STM32F205 120Mhz ARM Cortex M3.
- 1MB flash, 128KB RAM.
- Wireless : IEEE 802.11b/g/n.
- Height (with headers) : 12mm.
- On-board RGB status LED (ext. drive provided).
- 18 Mixed-signal GPIO and advanced peripherals.
- Open, WEP, WAPI, WPA and WPA2-PSK WiFi security modes.
- Real-time operating system (FreeRTOS).
- Pre-Soldered Headers.
- Operating voltage : 3.6 - 5.5VDC.
- Current Consumption : 80mA.